Select Page

Parent/Guardian Information

Treating Minors

Do you need parental consent to see an underage patient?

Yes.  For patients who are still below the legal age of 18, if a parent or guardian is not present at the appointment, we require the parent or guardian to sign this authorization form to keep in our file.

Guardian Consent Information

What do I need to provide for Guardian Consent to treat for a minor or incapacitated person?

If you are appointed as a Guardian or Legal Representative for the patient, we will need your authorization to evaluate and treat that person as well as assistance in completing the forms required for our medical record. In addition we need to obtain documentation of your Guardianship or legal authorization.


Our telephone number is (913) 381-5225 and is answered by our office staff during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday).  When the office is closed, emergency calls are directed to an answering service and messages will be transmitted to the doctor on call as they come in.

For emergencies we will make every effort for you to be seen in our office or at one of the hospitals. Emergency and urgent calls will be handled as soon as possible.

KCBJ’s Urgent Care is open Monday thru Friday from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm. No appointment necessary and walk-ins are welcome. Learn more here.