We currently have a full time PCT/Medical Assistant position opening.
The patient care technician works directly with physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners in an orthopedic clinic. We have offices in Overland Park and Lee's Summit. Patient Care Technicians will be required to work at both locations, though our main office is in Overland Park. No nights-No weekends.
Day-to-day duties/skills needed:
- Rooming patients (gather vitals, medical history, medical records for patients)
- Application of casts, splints, slings, braces, CAM boots.
- Drawing/prepping for injections as needed.
- Performing dress changes. Removing sutures and/or staples.
- Biohazard cleanup and stocking exam rooms.
- Proficiency in typing and general understanding of IT and computer usage.
- Anatomical terminology and general understanding of medication/pharmacological uses.
- Sterilizing medical equipment.
- Assisting with office job duties such as calling patients, scanning, and mail.
We are looking for a candidate that has experience in any of the following areas: Athletic Trainer, Medical Assistant, EMT, Paramedic, ER Tech, Cast tech, or similar fields.
We prefer candidates that have education and a degree in any of the following areas: AT-C, Certified Medical Assistant, LPN, Exercise science, Kinesiology, or education involving anatomy and physiology, biology, or chemistry. This is also a great option if you are applying to medical school.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday-Friday. No weekends. No evenings. 40 hours per week.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance